I had also made a turnip dish that was very good. Here is the recipe.
- 6 cups cubed turnips
2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Cook turnip until tender, drain and mash (by hand).
2. Add butter and eggs and beat well.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, seasoning and nutmeg.
4. Stir into turnip mixture.
5.Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
6. Mix breadcrumbs and butter and sprinkle on top.
7. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light brown on top.